Pemberton Lions Club
The Pemberton Lions Club was established in 1966 as a support and volunteer organization for the community. Today, the club has around 15-20 members and continues to provide that support. We meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 7pm at the Pemberton Legion (with a little summer break). We are always looking for new members, so please contact us if this is something you might be interested in.
The Club is composed of members who are elected to different positions if they choose the run. Positions are held for a one year term and are voted for annually. The votes are usually held in April, with the installation of new positions in June.
The positions are:
- Vice- President
- Lion Tamer
- Tail Twister
- Membership Director
- Board of Directions (3+ members)
As of April 3, 2017, there are 47,088 distinct Lions Clubs around the world. Together, they make up the Lions Club International. Yes, we are international!
Lions Club International Foundation (LCIF)
Visit the LCIF Web Site
When you visit the LCIF web site, you’ll be able to learn everything you need to know about the Lions. In addition, there is information and resources you need to apply for a grant, obtain outreach materials, donate to the latest disaster campaign and support the Foundation. The site is organized under four main categories:
- Who We Are: Acquaint yourself with LCIF’s mission and history, view financial reports and meet our leaders.
- How We Serve: Learn about our four main areas of service – restoring sight, providing disaster relief, supporting youth and addressing other humanitarian needs such as health and disability.
- Be A Lion: Learn how to become a member, the benefits, types of memberships, and even starting a club.
- News And Media: Read the latest LCIF news, our monthly e-newsletter and recent media coverage.
To learn about more about LCIF or to make a donation, visit http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.php