Back to school means back to our bi-monthly meetings for the Club. As we get into the September swing of things, we notice that it sure has been a busy summer for us! We were reminded that this year (to September) we participated, donated to, or were involved in some way with, almost 100 separate events in our community! We are very proud of this number for such a little club, and hope to keep it that high for many years to come.
September 6th and 20th meetings:
- We had a presentation from the Pemberton Library (middle photo) concerning their hopeful renovations to make their space a bit more usable in our growing community. They are planning to launch a Booktoberfest in October 2018 with drinks and music, and traditional German food. We will likely be lending a hand in some way for that event.
- Our Show & Shine this year brought in almost $7000 to us! We are really looking forward to dispersing that money within the community over the next year.
- Our own Lion Katie was awarded for her excellent work in District 19 over the last year. She was presented a certificate and recognition (photo below left, with Vince).
- We agreed to contribute $1000 in relief money for the devastating BC Wildfires this summer.
- Visitors were numerous. Among them, District Governor Grace Ho enjoyed a visit with us (seen with our current club President Jan, photo right).
- We had a visit from our neighbours, members from the Squamish Lions Club. It was a good reminder on the ongoing efforts to raise funds for the Squamish Easter Seals camp for children with Disabilities. More information can be found here.
- There are a number of members heading to Mexico in October to help build TWO schools. More information on that project is coming soon (with photos).
Remember that we do everything we can to help support events in the community. If you are planning something and are a little short on funds or man/woman power, please consider coming to one of our meetings to tell us about it. We want to support you!
Our next meeting will be on October 4th at 7pm at the Pemberton Legion. We hope to see you there.