Once again we will be hosting the annual Show & Shine car show in Pemberton. This year the event is scheduled for August 26th. Similar to last year, it is on the lawn beside the Pemberton & District Community Centre and starts at noon. This is a family friendly event and is looking great already. We have The Shifters lined up for live music, a concession stand running all afternoon, and freedom to explore our silent auction!
For those not familiar with the car show, here are a few facts to get you started:
- There are 9 categories that drivers can register for. These include: Best Ford, GMC/Chev/Olds, Mopar, Import, Truck, Bike, Custom, Unusual, Work In Progress
- Each vehicle is judged on exterior, interior, engine, display, paint, wheels and tires, and given overall points
- Our judges are very experienced and thorough. For more detailed criteria, they follow the expert advice found here.
- There will be a few lovely ladies weighing in on the best wheels (and owner!) in a fun category called the Babe Magnet. It has its own criteria and includes: shape, shininess, colour, smell, interior and owner.
- The public gets to vote for their favourite ride as well in the People’s Choice Award. The Owner’s get to vote for the Owner’s Choice Award and the Lion’s get to vote for Lion’s Choice.
- There are a few other categories that include Best Paint, Best Local and the Long Distance Award.
- Of course, the cream of the crop is judged Best in Show!
Many of the owners have put in an extraordinary time and effort into restoring these beautiful classic cars, trucks, and bikes. For this reason, we kindly ask that dogs be left at home for the day. But please bring your family and friends! We need you to vote on your favourite ride, and to help support the Pemberton Lion’s Club in our biggest fundraiser of the year!